Skip to main content
  • Expert Advice

How To Get an Expert Opinion Letter Showing Your Experience And Education From South Korea

FIS-How To Get an Expert Opinion Letter Showing Your Experience And Education From South Korea

Ever wondered how to get an expert opinion letter of your South Korea education and experience for a US visa, H-1B employment, academic admissions, or for career advancement? Here are the top tips for people with education from South Korea for achieving the American Dream.

What is an Expert Opinion Letter?

Imagine having a US university professor describe your experience and education from Korea in an Expert Opinion Letter (EOL) to show you meet US qualifications for petitions to the United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL).

The EOL must be by a recognized authority, such as a PhD professor in the field. The expert will analyze your academic and experience documents and craft a letter showing your unique talents to meet US requirements. For example, if you do not have a four-year college degree for an H-1B application, then a qualified professor can show how 3 years of experience equals to 1 year of academic achievement to become the equivalent of a US bachelor’s or advanced degree.

There are other types of EOLs that can show your education plus experience meets the level of extraordinary ability (O-1 and EB-1 visas) or national interest waiver qualifications, specialty occupation or beneficiary qualification letters, industry standards for professional positions, OPT/CPT, L, P, NIW/NIV, TN, Expert Opinion Letter for H-1B RFE or reply to RFEs and PERM audits for business necessity.

Make sure the service you select can do all types of letters so that you have the most options.

Comparing Education from The Republic Of Korea For US Equivalency

In South Korea, students may attend 6 years of elementary school, 3 years in middle, and 3 years in high school. A student can take the College Scholastic Ability Test and pursue higher education such as 4 years in a university or 2-3 years at a junior college or graduate school. Some Korean students attend international academies and hire consultants to prepare for testing, writing essays and scholarly articles, improving English proficiency, and joining volunteer organizations, in addition to studying to boost their grade point average (GPA).

The education system in the United States has similarities but to determine US academic equivalency, South Korean applicants often need a foreign degree evaluation. This is called a Document-by-Document credential evaluation where the analyst compares your South Korean or foreign academic degree or diploma, checks for a signature by the proper authority, and analyzes the academic information to determine its equivalency to a US degree.

If you request a Course-by-Course evaluation, the analyst will also provide the US equivalent of the classes you took and the grades you achieved as shown on your transcript, Cumulative Record File (CRF), permanent record, or mark sheets. This helps when applying to transfer credit or for licensing and certification, such as for US teacher, health care or nursing jobs. Sometimes you do not have enough foreign education to qualify, so you may need an Expert Opinion Letter service to show you meet the requirements.

What to Look for in an Expert Opinion Letter Service

Easy applications: Look for an EOL service that provides easy online or email applications so you can apply any time you want. You want a service that has staff available to answer your questions by email or phone call. Avoid services that have no phone number or email address listed. Also avoid services with online reviews that say the company is difficult to reach.

Qualifications: After you apply and the service selects an expert for your consideration, ask to see the proposed expert’s C.V. or resume to determine if the expert’s industry and qualifications match your needs. You do not want an “expert” that is just the service owner putting his own name on the EOL. Instead, you want to see the proposed expert has university degrees and qualifications.

A good EOL service will let you see a sample EOL so you can check whether the expert provided a detailed analysis of a candidate’s education and experience. You do not want to see a template where a proposed expert fills in the blanks. Instead, you want to see a personalized EOL that will showcase your talents and bolster your potential for success.

Documents needed: You want a provider that gives you a list of documents you need to submit so the expert can analyze, research, and draft a successful EOL. The expert should ask about your unique needs to best showcase your expertise, achievements, and significant contributions in the industry.

A good expert will highlight how you meet the government’s rules which could be for specialty occupation, business necessity, with substantial merit and national importance, beneficial for the US to waive LCA labor certification requirements, extraordinary ability, have a degree common to the industry, for a position so complex or unique, or show your suitability for the job, managerial capacity, or specialized knowledge of your company’s processes. The expert may have the ability to grant college credit for work experience or training that shows you are well-positioned to perform the job.

A knowledgeable EOL service will be able to provide the best expert who understands your needs.

Industry fields: A good agency has experts in many industry fields, such as computer science, mathematics, culinary arts, business, health sciences, medicine, engineering, law, aviation, sports, religion, or the performing arts. Look for a provider with a large network of qualified experts in many industry fields as that indicates the provider has a good reputation among experts.

Pricing: Ask for a pricing quote before agreeing to proceed to make sure it is affordable. Expert letters range in price depending on the visa you are applying for and the amount of documentation the expert must review. For example, some O-1 visa cases require numerous documents showing the candidate has extraordinary ability or achievement, and the cost of an O-1 letter can be higher than for an H-1B letter. Ask if you can make corrections. For example, when you receive the expert’s letter, you should have a chance to review it for a day or two and submit normal changes without an additional charge. Avoid services that do not allow you to submit changes to the initial draft of the EOL.

Look for a service that provides standard and premium processing, express or rush services so you have no fear of meeting deadlines.

NACES member: To optimize the success of your petition, use a qualified credential evaluation agency that meets the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) rules. This organization sets ethical rules and guidelines that members must follow. Their members are known as foreign credential evaluation services that perform credential evaluation for visa, also known as credential evaluation for H1B, NACES transcript evaluation, foreign educational degree evaluation, education credential translation, academic credential evaluations institute, credential evaluation USA, and foreign academic evaluation by foreign credential services of America.

Foreign document translation: According to the US government, copies of foreign vital statistics records such as birth and marriage certificates in a language other than English should be accompanied by a certified English language translation. The translator must sign, date, provide an address, and certify that he or she is competent to translate the document into English. Look for an Expert Opinion provider that also handles credential evaluations and certified translations, so you have a single place to get your immigration needs handled. Check that the provider offers translations in languages including Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Chinese, Hangul, Hanguel, and English.

A certified translation that meets American Translators Association (ATA) requirements indicates the translation is accurate. A notarized or certified foreign document translation of education from South Korea can make the difference for success.

US based: Avoid services that are not US-based or hire off-shore writers who are not US PhD professors or recognized authorities in the field. The largest letter provider with the most advertising may not be the most successful for you. It is best to use a trusted US service with a solid reputation and an established network of recognized authorities and PhD professors who care about your unique qualifications and needs.

Success rate: Look for a provider with an excellent success rate and reputation. To find out a provider’s reputation, check online Google reviews to see what other clients are saying. Are the reviews authentic and by real people? Or are the reviews a summary of what the provider wants you to believe? You can ask the Expert Opinion provider about their success rate for clients seeking visas including PERM, overcoming RFEs and NOIDs, and showing adjustment of status, employer’s ability to pay the proffered wage for immigrant visa classifications, or change of employers.

Having a high Google rating can indicate the provider employs high-quality experts who can perform comprehensive analysis of your qualifications and work history, and successfully meet the government’s requirements for global immigration.

Services for the Best Results

With over four decades of credential evaluation experience helping people with education from South Korea work and study in the US, Foundation for International Services (FIS) is the leading credential evaluation agency offering Expert Opinion Letters. FIS has a responsive staff with a large network of PhD professors and senior analysts using proprietary databases developed over 40 years.

FIS is a global evaluations service and a founding member of NACES, the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. FIS can provide foreign academic evaluations and results to multiple schools, international admissions departments, attorneys, licensing boards and employers, all included in the single fee. FIS offers notarized and certified translation of your documents into English, including birth and marriage certificates. FIS handles translations in most languages including Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Chinese, Hangul, Hanguel, and English. FIS provides certified translation and is a corporate member of the American Translators Association (ATA).

FIS has a high Google rating and an excellent success rate. FIS staff are available to answer questions by phone call and email. FIS has a large network of recognized PhD authorities ready to help and rush service is available.

All to use your education and experience from South Korea for a successful future in the US!

Getting an Expert Opinion Letter for education from South Korea for a US visa is Easy and Valuable!

FIS serves beneficiaries, applicants, students, and people in Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Russia, Singapore, Malaysia, India, US, Canada, Mexico, U.K., Africa, China, Pakistan, Ukraine, Central and South America, Seattle, Seoul, Suwon, Busan, Daegu, Daejeon, Gwacheon, Goyang, Incheon, Sejong City, Ulsan, Yongin, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Chungnam National University, South Korea, King Sejong Institute, TOPIK Korea Institute, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Columbus, Honolulu, Anchorage, Plano, San Francisco, Washington DC, New York, Bellevue, Tacoma, Carrollton, Santa Clarita, Fremont, Cambridge, Ann Arbor, Glendale, San Jose, Fullerton, Irvine, Torrance, California, Texas, Maryland, New Jersey, USA

Back to top of page