FIS collects information used to inquire about and request our services, including various types of evaluations of foreign educational credentials and document translations. This information includes name, address, e-mail address, educational history, and other information as may be needed to provide the services offered.
How information is used:
The information collected by FIS is used in the evaluation of foreign educational credentials, the translation of documentation into and from English and other languages, and to provide consulting services. In the process of evaluating foreign educational credentials, facilitating expert opinions with external consultants, or providing document translations, FIS may use personal, educational, professional, or project information in a variety of ways with other organizations and individuals, when it is necessary to do so as a part of the service request and process. These include:
- Contacting educational institutions to verify the authenticity of educational credential
- Contacting institutions or organizations that the applicant has attended or is planning to attend
- Contacting other international credential evaluation services and appropriate authorities in cases of confirmed fraudulent or forged documents
- Complying with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena
- Communicating with screened professional translators for the purposes of performing a professional document translation. For client sensitive information (such as intellectual property) restrictive confidentiality statements can be secured.
- FIS will also confirm, without consent from the applicant, whether an evaluation report or document translation was issued by FIS. Confidentiality and the protection of personal information is otherwise honored and attorney/client privilege is respected.
Does FIS Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
Cookies are small strings of individually unidentifiable text that assist us in providing navigability and functionality for the FIS web site. When you visit our site, a cookie will be placed within your browser and PC folders to help your machine communicate with our web site. The cookie does not identify you by name and is not tied to you individually.
FIS uses encryption and other commercially-available technology to protect information gathered through the use of the FIS web site.
Foundation for International Services, Inc. (FIS)
505 - 5th Avenue South,
Edmonds, WA 98020 USA
Last Updated: November 29, 2012